Copy of 'Ready' on Ebay

Discussion in 'Research Items Found or Wanted' started by Pat Curran, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    Hi All,

Copy of the rare out-of-print book 'Ready' by Allen L. Langdon for sale on ebay today. Very good value at US$49.99 - I paid over €120 for my copy.

Click here

Note: I have no interest in, nor am I a party to, this sale. :exclamation:

Regards,

Pat

2. John Szweda

John Szweda Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Pat,
    I had wanted a copy for a long time and then when we were discussing Lt WRAY's action you were quoting from it and I had to get a copy. I found one on Amazon about 2 months ago and bought it. cost me about $60.00 so I knew I got a deal.

I do have a few books I would be willing to sell below current market value, including my "Vanguard of the Crusade", my "Devils in baggy pants" and my 2nd copy of "Sainte-mere-Eglise" by De Trez.
    Plus I recently whet to a Half Priced Books store and came across sealed copies of "Dying for St Lo" by Lodieu for only $14.99 . I had already paid $42.00 for mine.

Respectfully,
    John Szweda

3. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    Hi John,

You don't by any chance have a spare copy of Otis Sampson's "Time Out for Combat"?

I see this seller at the Amazon link below is looking to take a vacation to the Caribbean on foot of a sale ;)

Click Here

Regards,

Pat

4. John Szweda

Staff Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Pat,
    WOW ! That book is on my wish list, but not for that price !
    My wish list would also include...
    "Lets Go" by Pierce
    "Sky Riders" by McDonough & Gardner
    "the cow spoke French" by True

I was also wondering if the new updated version of "The last first Sergeant" by Black was ever going to come out?

John

5. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    John,

Yes, 'Let's Go' is also up there in the heavens price wise. I don't have a copy either but I am hoping the guy in the red hat might bring me some lesser burdens this Christmas :)

I have stuck 'sticky notes' all over the house giving my Amazon Wish List address in case I get another copy of the 'Downton Abbey' DVD this year :rolleyes:

Regards,

Pat

6. patelie

patelie Active Member
    Researcher

John

It's the story of the 327th GIR right?
    contact me on my email

7. marketc47

marketc47 Active Member
    Researcher

Feb 15, 2013
    John,

I just sold my copy of Let's Go here in Holland. Including a copy of "Glide to Glory" and "On Time on Target". Did e-mail the guy who was interested yesterday, have not heard from him yet.

Other books to leave my collection are "At the Point of no Return", "Bob Piper - the way we were (signed) - "I maintain the right" - "Skyriders"- "Panzers in Normandy then and now" and a few Dutch language books ("Mook in Swaeren nood" and "Corridor naar het Verlden") .

If you see anything of interest, just drop a note.

Hans

8. John Szweda

Staff Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Hi Hans,
    I would be interested in "Lets go" by Wayne Pierce if the guy fails to follow up with you on buying it
    Let me know what your price would be either here, or in a private message

This might be a good location for others to post books they are looking for or wish to sell.
    I have a few I wouldnt mind selling if they were on someones wish list.

John

9. marketc47

marketc47 Active Member
    Researcher

Feb 15, 2013
    Hi John,

Will let you know when the other fails to follow up.

By the way, The cow spoke French is/was available in digital form (pdf) from Merriam press. Five dollars, back then when I bought it. Itis still somewhere in my drawer.