Glider pictures at bpk Bildagentur

Discussion in 'Troop Carrier & Glider' started by hans_ni-hi, Jul 11, 2016.

1. hans_ni-hi

hans_ni-hi Guest

Hi Everyone,

over the weekend I found these glider pictures at the bpk Bildagentur. using the term 'Lastensegler'. I searched this Glider section and have not found reference of them. I thought I shared them here. Source of all frames is bpk Bildagentur.
    bpk Inventar Nummer 30031764
    [​IMG]
    bpk Inventar Nummer 30031776
    [​IMG]
    bpk Inventar Nummer 30031777
    [​IMG]
    bpk Inventar Nummer 30031782
    [​IMG]

I remember having seen this one here
    bpk Inventar Nummer 30031783

Other glider pictures will come up however from different times, locations and countries.

2. Chobbs91

Chobbs91 Active Member
    Researcher

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Is the bottom photo a Waco in France? If so the B-15 chalk number indicates it could be a glider flown by the 439th as part of mission Hackensack on 6/7

3. hans_ni-hi

hans_ni-hi Guest

Hi,

yes. The full caption from bpk Inventar Nummer 30031782 reads 'US - Glider from type CG-4A Waco abandoned after landing in a field in Normandy. Date of Picture 6June1944.

4. Chobbs91

Chobbs91 Active Member
    Researcher

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    If it was taken on June 6 it was not a 439th glider but the B-15 chalk number matches one of the Wacos on the 82nd operation list for the 439th. The operations list lists B-15 as landing 5000 yards from LZW and that it was damaged on landing. Neil Jones may be able to help us on this. If this is that glider it carried troops of Company G of the 401st.

5. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    Hi Hans,

Thanks for posting these photos. I have seen the last three but not the first. I have in the past tried to match B-15 to the 'Big Dipper' group area on the Vierville Marshes, but the second Waco seems to rule out that location. It could be the Boutteville Marshes, but I have not tried that location recently.

The site bpk Bildagentur has some other interesting photos which show up with the search terms 'Normandie 1944' - again, many new to me.

Regards,

Pat

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Active Member
    Researcher

Nov 23, 2014
    Wiltshire, UK
    B-15 is a 439th TCG CG-4A however it is dated wrong as the 439th only flew one glider serial, Mission Hackensack serial 36 on the 7th of June.

7. patelie

patelie Active Member
    Researcher

The three first pictures are from LZ "N" near Ranville, last one being the landing of Hamilcars during operation Mallard