Looking for camp grounds

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Francois Dumas, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas Administrator
    Staff Member

May 18, 2013
    Male
    publisher (semi)retired
    Italy
    Dear fellow researchers,
    I know this is not an immediate research question, but knowing there is so much Normandy knowledge around, I figure here is as good a place as any to ask....

Some background: You are most likely familiar with the Red Ball Express operation that followed on the breakout of the beach heads in Normandy. The advancing allied armies needed more and more supplies over longer ever larger distances. The Red Ball Express operations were put in place to have a constant link of transport trucks from the mulberry harbors and ALG's to the front.

A group of (mostly) British enthusiasts is planning to drive from Normandy to Arnhem next year in June, using their GMC trucks, as a remembrance to this operation and its (mostly black) drivers.
    My involvement is helping them with the computer side of the operation (website, admin, forum, etc.).

Language and distance is an issue, the organizers being in the UK. We are currently looking for a camp ground or terrain next to a B&B or farm, in the vicinity of Falaise, that can accommodate 17 GMC trucks and has some toilet and shower facilities. The trucks are self supporting (basically used as mobile homes).

Any tips, helps and suggestions are entirely welcome !!!

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Francois