New Member [Ellen]

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Pat Curran, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    A belated introduction….apologies.
    I feel like an “ol’ timer” (3 week member!) but am just getting comfortable in this new world of WW2 online research. Whitebeam’s warm welcome certainly eased the transition for this recently retired nurse educator.
    My story begins with our father H.C. (Charlie) Trainor, a WW2 Canadian spitfire pilot in 411/401 Squadrons during 1943/1944. Recent acquisition of his July 17, 1944 gun camera footage (limo/curved road/old buildings somewhere in Normandy) allowed our family to connect the footage to his story…a very close encounter with a church spire. An unexpected trip to France last December only served to intensify the mission: “find the church/ say a grateful prayer”. Unsuccessful in our church search; we turned to Whitebeam Battlefield Research Forum for assistance….a smart decision! We are so pleased to be accepted as members and the “Charlie’s Church” thread chronicles our story.
    My brother (Chas on the website) and I, together with our 90 year old mother (our fathers’ wife of 53 years) follow the Forum with interest and gratitude. Thank you to everyone who selflessly contributes their time and professional talents to advancing the knowledge of our collective past.
    Ellen

2. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    Hi All,

Ellen asked me to post the above introduction for her.

All her own work :D

Regards,

Pat

3. allan125

allan125 Active Member
    Researcher

Apr 20, 2013
    Male
    Retired - although it doesn't feel like it
    Cornwall/UK
    Hello Ellen

An official welcome from me as well - even though we have been in discussion with you and Chas about your father over the past couple of weeks!

regards

Allan