A new book from ATB

Discussion in 'Book Reviews & Discussion' started by Stephen M. Fochuk, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Stephen M. Fochuk

Stephen M. Fochuk Active Member
    Researcher

Nov 26, 2015
    Male
    Fresh Air Inspector
    Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
    https://afterthebattle.com/store/index.php?id_product=264&controller=product

2. allan125

allan125 Active Member
    Researcher

Apr 20, 2013
    Male
    Retired - although it doesn't feel like it
    Cornwall/UK
    Thanks Stephen - always good to find something new - I have "Runways to Victory" by Peter Celis, a former BAF F.16 pilot, covering Belgian ALG's (in English), and "50 aerodromes pour une victoire - Juin - Septembre 1944" by Francois Robinard, covering Normandy, in French, published recently, plus a very similar version published a number of years back.

The "50" also shows some commemorative markers or the site of, unfortunately, for me, when I visited the location of the former B.19 Lingevres the commemorative marker was for a tank incident when the area was first liberated by 4th/7th Dragoon Guards of 8th Armoured Brigade, which made for some interesting reading, and an interesting exchange of e-mails from one of the survivors of the days incidents.

Allan

3. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    Appreciate the link Stephen,

Looks like a good read. I have added it to my 'wish list'.

Thanks,

Pat

4. Stephen M. Fochuk

Stephen M. Fochuk Active Member
    Researcher

Nov 26, 2015
    Male
    Fresh Air Inspector
    Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
    Allan,

I do have Peter Celis's book but not Francois' yet, though I do have a fair number of the French publications on Normandy etc.

This latest ATB publication will certainly be wining its way to the far north post launch date.

Stephen

5. allan125

allan125 Active Member
    Researcher

Apr 20, 2013
    Male
    Retired - although it doesn't feel like it
    Cornwall/UK
    hello Stephen

I provided information to Peter as Dad was at Grimbergen the day it was liberated. The Germans moved out in the morning, and the Advance Party of 125 Wing arrived in the afternoon, staying a few days whilst waiting for Antwerp-Deurne to be liberated, sleeping on and under their trucks as they believed the buildings were mined.

Then they moved up to Grave in Holland, before moving back in to Belgium (Schaffen-Diest and Ophoven), before moving back in to Holland, (Eindhoven and Twente-Enschede, then in to Germany (Damm and Celle) before moving to Denmark (Kastrup-Copenhagen) immediately after VE-day through the German lines, who were not happy to let them through.

cheers

Allan