Researching Obersturmbannführer Max Wünsche

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by C M Higgins-Byrne, Nov 2, 2018.

1. C M Higgins-Byrne

Hi, I've spent the last three years researching the life and career of Obersturmbannführer Max Wünsche of the Waffen-SS Leibstandarte and latterly the Panzer Regimental Kommandeur of the 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend. I've just arrived at his Normandy period and hence have stumbled on this website. Hoping to touch base with local aficionados which will make a nice change as currently all my circle are scattered all over the globe. I have access to a lot of good primary sources including the KTB's of his Abteilungen, thankfully a lot of the Canadian War Diaries are now online and are a valuable source. But will be looking for help where ever it is offered and if anyone has information or photos of interest. Please drop me a line. Thanks. C.

2. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    Welcome C,

I am not familiar with your man but would be glad to help where possible.

Regards,

Pat

3. Jpz4

Jpz4 Active Member
    Researcher

Oct 24, 2012
    Have you tried the Axis History Forum? I know there are experts on both the 1. and 12.SS there.

Niels

4. C M Higgins-Byrne

Hi Niels

Thanks for posting, I agree that the AHF is a fantastic resourse - I have been a member there for some years and have learnt a lot from the experts there.

5. C M Higgins-Byrne

Thanks for the offer Pat. All help gladly accepted.

C