Revised and updated La Luftwaffe Face au Debarquement

Discussion in 'Book Reviews & Discussion' started by Stephen M. Fochuk, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Stephen M. Fochuk

Stephen M. Fochuk Active Member
    Researcher

Nov 26, 2015
    Male
    Fresh Air Inspector
    Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
    A revised and updated version of Jean-Bernard Frappe's excellent book has been released.

LA LUFTWAFFE FACE AU DEBARQUEMENT - Editions Heimdal

For it is worth, I ordered my copy last Thursday and it was shipped on Sunday, which is pretty amazing if you ask me.

Stephen

2. Jpz4

Jpz4 Active Member
    Researcher

Oct 24, 2012
    Based on the cover I assume this is about the flying troops rather than the Flak and paratroopers?

3. Stephen M. Fochuk

Researcher

Nov 26, 2015
    Male
    Fresh Air Inspector
    Oh dear me, have I placed this in the wrong category?

4. Sean

Sean Active Member
    Researcher

Oct 24, 2012
    Male
    Battlefield guide
    Normandie
    Thanks Stephen

This is good news. I spent a good few years trying to find the original at a sensible price and succeeded long enough ago that the re-release isn't too annoying.
    It's an excellent work. Maybe "Jagdwaffe face au débarquement" would be more accurate as Niels suggested

Cheers

Sean

5. Stephen M. Fochuk

Researcher

Nov 26, 2015
    Male
    Fresh Air Inspector
    Oddly enough it arrived last night. It was shipped from France last Sunday, there is a rotating postal strike going in Canada and they had my address down as being Yellowknife, Ontario. Not bad at all.

Initial impression without comparing it to the first edition which is at home, thicker by a 3rd and a lot of new photos. As my French is weak, I will leave it up to someone else to comment on the text etc.

Overall, looks good. Really good. And I was impressed with the first edition when I got my copy in 2000.

Stephen

6. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    Thanks for posting Stephen,

Its a pity that these great books from this publisher are, with too few exceptions, only published in french language editions.

Regards,

Pat

7. Stephen M. Fochuk

Researcher

Nov 26, 2015
    Male
    Fresh Air Inspector
    True. Apparently that is were the interest lies and is most profitable, French, German etc., and considering the publishing costs these days, I can't blame them.

Stephen