Normandy Campaign IGN Map

Discussion in 'Research Items Found or Wanted' started by Pat Curran, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Pat Curran

Pat Curran Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
    Hi All,

I just got a mail shot from IGN with a link to their 2104 Catalog. On page 29 therein they have two historical maps available with the first covering World War I battlefield touring and the second pertaining to the Normandy Campaign of 1944:

[​IMG]
    Might be worth purchasing if anyone is planning a battlefield tour to either part of France.

Regards,

Pat

2. Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas Administrator
    Staff Member

May 18, 2013
    Male
    publisher (semi)retired
    Italy
    Can you tell I am catching up? ;-)

I bought the WW1 map earlier this year and it is very good. Will need to order the WW2 map as well one of these days.
    I also have the reprint of the 1947 Battle of Normandie map from Michelin, which has been one of my pet maps for many years! http://www.landschapreisboekwinkel.nl/detail/gids/0/historische+kaarten/frankrijk/9782067002623

3. Francois Dumas

Francois Dumas Administrator
    Staff Member

May 18, 2013
    Male
    publisher (semi)retired
    Italy
    [​IMG]

These are the maps I bought last week.... I already owned some of the series. The 103 and 105 are pretty thin paper and cannot be used on a daily basis.... :blush:

The new D-Day map referring to 70th anniversary is more sturdy and a nice map to have !